With a two-day quick Scan (interviews & desk research) and a coordinated tally action, the (telephone) traffic was recorded and analysed in a very short period of time. The main findings were:
- 25% less customer contacts than estimated.
- A sub-optimal employee occupancy.
- Customer friendliness could improve.
- Many phone calls were disappearing due to low availability.
- Limited technical possibilities to create reports.
On the basis of these findings, we offered a set of recommendations. The downsizing of the department, drafting a communication plan and implementing a modern, full-service customer contact centre were the most important among them. These recommendations were implemented, with Quintopper Wilco taking on the role of project leader.